Lakewood Pet Vet (LPV) has served its community for years as the largest privately-owned GP and Urgent Care hybrid animal hospital. Our success in our daytime practice has prompted us to open our doors as an Emergency facility. We have already revolutionized the animal health industry with our approach to outstanding medicine, patient care, and client care. We know we will revolutionize the veterinary emergency experience as well. Our core team consists of 8 highly trained Associate Veterinarians, each with a passion for animal health and wellness, client education, and extending a helping hand to their fellow colleagues. Our veterinarians work closely with on-call board-certified specialists in Cardiology, Dermatology, Orthopedic Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Critical Care. Our private-practice hospital status has allowed our veterinarians the freedom to practice medicine the way they see fit.
Collaborative Culture at Lakewood Pet Vet:
At Lakewood Pet Vet, we know how important a healthy work environment is and therefore don’t take ours for granted. We want our staff to feel valued and appreciated, as they are the backbone of our hospital. Everyone, from our doctors, to our licensed technicians, to our veterinary assistants, have strong values of togetherness, open-mindedness, positivity, and a desire to offer a helping hand. Every doctor is paired with a Doctor’s Assistant, providing individual support and one-on-one attention. Our amazing technical support staff consists of RVTs, experienced technician assistants, and licensed pharmacy technicians.
State-of-the-Art Hospital :
Our practice has been newly remodeled and expanded with state-of-the-art equipment, including digital radiology, ultrasonography, dental radiography, endoscopy, ICU cages, and full diagnostic laboratory on-site (CBC, chemistry, blood gases, UA, and snap tests).
The Ideal Candidate:
- A DVM or equivalent degree
- 2 or more years’ experience in emergency medicine
- Passion for helping animals and their owners.
- Have a love for emergency medicine and a positive attitude
- Enjoy working in a team setting with individuals from a variety of different backgrounds
Benefits: Here at Lakewood Pet Vet, we value your time, we value your expertise, and we value your commitment to your patients and clients. Therefore, we offer our doctors competitive compensation:
- $200k - $300k per year DOE, plus commission
- Generous PTO
- Great CE allowance with paid time off to attend classes
- Flexible work schedules to allow for work-life balance (3-4 shifts/week)
- Relocation assistance
- Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k with employer match
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid dues and licensing fees for AVMA, DEA, and VMB
- Paid professional liability insurance
- Personal Pet discounts
For more information about this position, please contact Joan Carlson at [email protected], or call 562-367-0028.
* DVM degree from an accredited institution
* Licensed to practice in California
* At least 2-3 years experience in emergency medicine is preferred